Cleaning makeup brushes can be a pain. Today, I’m sharing how I clean my makeup brushes, in hopes that it will help you in the future.
The frequency of makeup brush cleaning can change depending on if you have back up makeup brushes. Usually it is recommended that you clean your makeup brushes once a week. My first tip, get backup make up brushes. This will help with having to constantly clean makeup brushes and help them last longer.
Steps to Clean Makeup Brushes & Sponges
1. Wet the bristles with warm water.
2. Place a drop of Dawn soap (or the cleanser of your choice) on your brush.
3. Massage the soap (or cleanser) into the brush.
4. Use a cleaning mat to wash out any excessive makeup. Make sure to move your brush across the various textures.
5. Rinse the brush thoroughly and squeeze out the excess water.
6. Shape the brush head back into its original shape
7. Let the brush air dry completely hanging off the edge of a table or counter.
1. Wet the sponge with warm water.
2. Place a drop of Dawn soap (or the cleanser of your choice) on your sponge.
3. Massage the soap (or cleanser) into the sponge.
5. Rinse the sponge thoroughly and squeeze out the excess water.
6. Let the sponge air dry completely.
When It’s Time To Stay Goodbye…
Makeup Brushes – when the bristles start to loose their shape or shed
Makeup Sponges (specifically sponges like the Beauty Blender) – every three to four months
This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
– Latest Posts –
- 2022 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – Favourite Finds | Beauty and Bits
- Amazon Prime Day 2022 | Home, Beauty, Travel Shopping Guide
- Sephora Beauty Insider Spring Sale – Top Picks | Beauty and Bits
- 10+ Stylish Decor Ideas You’ll Love | Beauty and Bits
- How We Refreshed Our Bathroom With A Few DIY Upgrades | Beauty and Bits